Woman dies in A12 minibus smash
A WOMAN died after she was thrown from a minibus which then landed on top of her on a dual carriageway.The horrific accident happened shortly before 9pm yesterday on the A12 at Stratford St Mary.
A WOMAN died after she was thrown from a minibus which then landed on top of her on a dual carriageway.
The horrific accident happened shortly before 9pm yesterday on the A12 at Stratford St Mary.
There were around a dozen other people on the minibus, which is believed to have come from a recruitment agency, but they suffered only shock and minor injuries.
Fire crews were called after initial reports the woman was trapped, but she had been released before they arrived and taken to Colchester General Hospital by ambulance where she later died.
You may also want to watch:
The accident, which is not thought to have involved any other vehicle, happened on the Colchester-bound stretch of the road.
Police were not releasing any further details last night.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 5 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 6 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 9 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 10 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich