Woman freed by firefighters after car crashes into ditch in Old Felixstowe Road, Stratton Hall
Ambulance crews have checked over a man and a woman who were injured when their car crashed into a ditch in a small village near Trimley St Martin this afternoon.
Police, firefighters and paramedics were called to Old Felixstowe Road in Stratton Hall at around 2.40pm after receiving reports of a crash involving one car.
Three fire engines from Princes Street, Ipswich East and Felixstowe stations were sent to help free a 63-year-old woman who had become trapped in the vehicle.
Crews were able to release her using cutting equipment, and a police spokesman said that once paramedics had assessed the pair it became clear they had suffered minor injuries.
The driver of the car, the man, was able to arrange recovery for the vehicle himself and the road was not blocked as a result of the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic was able to pass the scene despite a number of emergency vehicles attending.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich