Woman hurt in Felixstowe crash
TWO cars were involved in an accident in Felixstowe today.The accident happened at the bottom of Convalescent Hill with the junction of Undercliff Road West at around 7.
By Richard Cornwell
TWO cars were involved in an accident in Felixstowe today.
The accident happened at the bottom of Convalescent Hill with the junction of Undercliff Road West at around 7.05am.
One female was cut free and taken to hospital after the car she was in collided with another vehicle.
Suffolk Fire Service was first called to the scene as there was petrol on the road.
Mike Deacon, town and district councillor, saw the aftermath and said: "It looked absolutely horrendous. I have never seen so many fire engines, police and ambulance in Felixstowe in one place at the same time.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 5 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 6 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
"I could see they were having to cut someone free from one of the cars."
A police spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that a woman had to be cut free from one of the vehicles.
"The full extent of her injuries is not yet known but we believe she suffered whip lash and leg injuries."