Bus stop destroyed and woman injured after crash in Tattingstone
- Credit: CONTRIBUTED
Pictures have emerged showing damage done to a bus stop after a car crash.
Police were called to reports of a collision on White Horse Hill in Tattingstone shortly after midnight on Monday.
Emergency crews arrived to find a car had crashed into a bus stop.
Officers arrested a 28-year-old woman on suspicion of drink driving in connection with the crash.
She was taken to the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, and was later released under investigation pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics treated another woman, believed to be a passenger in the car, at the scene of the collision.
Her current condition is not clear at this time.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
Firefighters were also sent to the scene of the crash.
People living nearby reported hearing a large bang at around midnight on Monday.
Those passing the scene in the morning added that the bus stop had been almost entirely destroyed in the impact.
Witnesses to the crash and anyone with information should call police on 101.