Woman hurt in town centre accident
A WOMAN was taken to hospital today after she was in an accident in Ipswich town centre during the morning rush hour.The road accident happened when the woman was in collision with a car in St Helen's Street.
A WOMAN was taken to hospital today after she was in an accident in Ipswich town centre during the morning rush hour.
The road accident happened when the woman was in collision with a car at 8.50am in St Helen's Street, Ipswich.
Morning traffic was delayed, due to the crash, when the road was closed for 40 minutes to clear the vehicle away.
The female casualty was found to be conscious and breathing at the scene and paramedics took her to Ipswich Hospital for medical treatment.
She was said to have suffered minor injuries.
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police said: “We received a call from paramedics shortly before 9am about the crash.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
“A woman had been involved in a crash with a blue Audi A6 but had not sustained serious injuries.
“The road was temporarily closed but was re-opened by 9.30am.”