Woman in her 80s taken to Ipswich Hospital after suffering smoke inhalation

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

A woman was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a small fire in Ipswich.

Fire crews were called to Woodlark Close at around 1.30pm where they found a woman who needed medical attention.

Medics from the East of England Ambulance Service attended and took her to Ipswich Hospital as a precaution.

An ambulance spokeswoman said the woman had been in her 80s and was “conscious and breathing” throughout the incident. She added her carbon monoxide level would need to be tested.

The fire was extinguished using a hose reel and covering jet by around 1.45pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter