Woman indecently assaulted
A WOMAN was indecently assaulted and punched in the face today as she walked home after a night out at an Ipswich club.The 33-year-old was walking with a friend in Cutler Street when the incident happened at around 1.
A WOMAN was indecently assaulted and punched in the face today as she walked home after a night out at an Ipswich club.
The 33-year-old was walking with a friend in Cutler Street when the incident happened at around 1.30am.
She had left Liquid nightclub at around 1.20am and had just walked into Cutler Street when a man stepped out in front of her.
He indecently assaulted her and when she shouted for him to go away, he grabbed her by the right arm and punched her in the cheek.
The victim could not offer a full description of the man but it is believed there were two other men with him at the time.
Police are investigating the matter and would like anyone who saw anything to come forward.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 8 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
The two women had left the nightclub and walked along Wolsey Street before crossing at the traffic lights and then walked into Greyfriars Road before reaching Cutler Street.
Anyone with information should call Ipswich police on 01473 613500.