Woman indecently assaulted
A WOMAN was indecently assaulted and punched in the face today as she walked home after a night out at an Ipswich club.The 33-year-old was walking with a friend in Cutler Street when the incident happened at around 1.
A WOMAN was indecently assaulted and punched in the face today as she walked home after a night out at an Ipswich club.
The 33-year-old was walking with a friend in Cutler Street when the incident happened at around 1.30am.
She had left Liquid nightclub at around 1.20am and had just walked into Cutler Street when a man stepped out in front of her.
He indecently assaulted her and when she shouted for him to go away, he grabbed her by the right arm and punched her in the cheek.
You may also want to watch:
The victim could not offer a full description of the man but it is believed there were two other men with him at the time.
Police are investigating the matter and would like anyone who saw anything to come forward.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 10 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
The two women had left the nightclub and walked along Wolsey Street before crossing at the traffic lights and then walked into Greyfriars Road before reaching Cutler Street.
Anyone with information should call Ipswich police on 01473 613500.