Woman injured in road crash on A12
A 28-YEAR-old woman is suffering with back and neck pains after she was injured in a road accident on the A12 today.Emergency services were called to the A12 at Capel St Mary, in the London direction, shortly after midday today.
A 28-YEAR-old woman was seriously injured today after her car was in collision with a lorry on the A12.
The accident happened on the sliproad between the two Capel St Mary junctions and blocked the underpass and the on sliproad to the London bound carriageway.
The injured woman had been driving a blue Volkswagen Polo when it was involved in a collision with a Mercedes lorry at around midday today.
The woman was conscious and breathing by the time paramedics got to the scene and was not trapped in her vehicle although her injuries were said to be serious.
One carriageway was closed by police while the accident was cleared away.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 9 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days