Woman who died following A14 crash at Copdock named as 81-year-old Delcine Allen from Ipswich
An Ipswich woman who died following a crash on the A14 at Copdock has been named by police as 81-year-old Delcine Allen.
Emergency services rushed to the scene just before 9.30pm yesterday evening, Monday, January 7, after receiving reports of a four-vehicle collision.
According to police the crash happened on the westbound on-slip and continued into the carriageway.
The crash involved a Hyundai i10, a Mercedes Lorry, a Nissan Qashqai and a Peugeot 308.
Delcine Allen, who was driving the Hyundai, was taken to Ipswich Hospital in a serious condition but later died.
The westbound carriageway of the A14 was closed between the Copdock and Sproughton junctions until around 4am this morning, Tuesday, January 8, while a collision investigation was conducted.
Any witnesses to the crash are asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting reference CAD 407 of January 7.
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault