Police appeal after mother hit with football and mooned at during spat with teens
A mother was left “distressed” after she was hit in the face with a football and mooned at during an alteration with a group of teenagers.
The incident happened around 5.15pm on Tuesday, July 17 at the recreation ground near Brantham Leisure Centre.
A 40-year-old woman was with her young children when she got into a verbal spat with a group of teenagers playing football.
The altercation ended with the woman being hit in the face with a football and being mooned at.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “The 40-year-old female victim was with her young children while a group of 16-year-old teenagers were playing football.
You may also want to watch:
“After a verbal altercation between her and the group, the football struck her in the face. She turn back at the group who were being verbally abusive to her with one person exposing his bottom at her, leaving the victim distressed by the encounter.”
Anyone with information about the incident or knows the identity of the individuals involved should call police on 101 quoting crime reference 37/40260/18.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 9 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 10 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org