Woman in her 80s punched in the face outside Ipswich bookmakers
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman has been left injured and shaken after she was punched in the face in Ipswich town centre outside Betfred bookmakers.
The incident occurred in Westgate Street on Saturday, April 6 at around 12.30pm.
It is reported that the man had left the bookmakers near the corner of Museum Street with friends as he threw a punch, believed to have been targeted at a friend - but caught the victim’s face instead.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “She sustained a cut lip and some bruising, and was left shaken.
“Police are keeping an open mind regarding the intention behind the punch, and are appealing to the males to come forward to speak with them.”
You may also want to watch:
Those with any information that could assist the police with their inquiry should contact the Ipswich Neighbourhood Respsonse Team on 101, quoting reference 37/20190/19.
Information can also be given online on the force’s website, or alternatively anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 3 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 4 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 8 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 9 Fisons site owners seeking pre-application advice on fire-hit site
- 10 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?