Woman recovers after road accident
A YOUNG woman was recovering today after her car crashed into a lorry in Ipswich.The 25-year-old driver of a blue Peugeot 206 suffered minor injuries as a result of the accident in Landseer Road, at the junction of Holbrook Road, Greenwich, yesterday.
A YOUNG woman was recovering today after her car crashed into a lorry in Ipswich.
The 25-year-old driver of a blue Peugeot 206 suffered minor injuries as a result of the accident in Landseer Road, at the junction of Holbrook Road, Greenwich, yesterday.
Emergency services attended the scene just after 1pm to find a car had collided with a workman's lorry, which was stationary, at about 1pm.
Two crews from Princes Street and Colchester Road fire stations were sent to the scene following reports that the woman was trapped, however she managed to get herself out of the vehicle before they arrived.
You may also want to watch:
They helped make the scene safe while a crew from the East of England Ambulance Service took her to Ipswich Hospital for a further check-over.
Pc Gary Heath, who was at the scene, said: “This was a single vehicle collision. We have not spoken to the woman yet so we do not know how it happened.”
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 5 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 9 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 10 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
The car was a write-off, as the whole of the front of the vehicle was destroyed in the crash. The air-bag had also been inflated.
Traffic queues built up in the area while recovery was arranged. The section of the road near to Holbrook Road was closed so traffic was diverted to alternative routes.