Woman rescued from blaze
FIREFIGHTERS rescued a woman after a late-night blaze broke out in her Suffolk flat.Police officers and firefighters smashed down the door of the woman's Bury St Edmunds flat to leads her to safety during the incident on Saturday.
FIREFIGHTERS rescued a woman after a late-night blaze broke out in her Suffolk flat.
Police officers and firefighters smashed down the door of the woman's Bury St Edmunds flat to lead her to safety during the incident on Saturday.
Ambulance crews then took the woman, who suffered from smoke inhalation, to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury as a precaution.
The fire broke out in the kitchen of the woman's Mermaid Close flat at about 10.50pm. It is thought it began on the cooker.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire crews from Bury answered the call. Neighbouring properties were not affected.
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 5 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 6 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 7 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 10 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues