Woman rescued from fire
A WOMAN has been airlifted to hospital after a house fire in north Suffolk.Firefighters rescued the 34-year-old from the property in Henstead, between Southwold and Kessingland.
A WOMAN has been airlifted to hospital after a house fire in north Suffolk.
Firefighters rescued the 34-year-old from the property in Henstead, between Southwold and Kessingland.
She had suffered severe smoke inhalation and was airlifted to James Paget Hospital, in Gorleston.
A police spokesman said she was extremely unwell.
The emergency services were called to the blaze in Toad Row at around 10.40am today.
Firefighters from Wrentham, Beccles and Southwold wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel to extinguish the blaze in a first floor bedroom.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 5 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 6 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 7 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 8 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 9 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
- 10 Major road into Ipswich partially blocked after three-vehicle crash
A police and fire investigation has been launched.
Anyone with any information should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.