Woman’s blue Fiat Punto stolen at knifepoint in Sproughton Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A woman had her car stolen at knifepoint in Ipswich on Saturday morning, police have said.
Two teenagers have been charged and are due in court this morning following the incident in Sproughton Road.
A woman in her 50s told police her blue Fiat Punto was stolen from her at knifepoint at around 8.35am on Saturday, Suffolk Constabulary said.
Two teenagers from Ipswich were arrested on suspicion of robbery just before 9am that day.
They were taken into custody and questioned by officers. They were subsequently charged with offences.
You may also want to watch:
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named because of his age has been charged with robbery, aggravated vehicle taking, possession of a knife blade or sharply pointed article, dangerous driving, drink driving, driving with no licence and driving with no insurance.
Taylor Cobbold, 19, of Winchester Way, has been charged with robbery and aggravated vehicle taking.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
Both teenagers have also been charged in connection with another robbery that took place in Ipswich Street in Stowmarket on the evening of September 9, where a man was robbed of his wallet and mobile phone.
They have been detained in custody and are due to appear before Ipswich magistrates this morning.