Woman's body found at Nacton
A WOMAN has been found dead near Ipswich today. Suffolk police officers were called to a farm in Nacton at about 8.10am today where a female's body had been found.
POLICE launched an investigation today after a woman's body was found in a ditch at Nacton.
Suffolk police officers were called to a farm in the village at about 8.10am today where a female's body had been found.
Emergency services, including paramedics, attended the scene following a call from a member of the public this morning alerting them to the grim discovery.
Police officers found the body in the ditch and the area was cordoned off while investigations were carried out.
Enquires were due to be carried out today to identify the woman and the force was investigating potential links to the disappearance of Ipswich woman Michelle Wood, who went missing on Monday.
Police investigating her disappearance had said they were “very concerned” for her welfare.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 6 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 7 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 10 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
Public appeals had been made for any sightings of the 45-year-old after she was last seen by family members at her home in Medway Road, Ipswich, at 9.40am on Monday.
She was said to be wearing a sky-blue ski jacket, dark blue jeans and brown ankle boots at the time.
Police said family and friends had been spoken to and places she was known to frequent had been checked.
Appeals were made for sightings of a dark blue Citroen Picasso which it was thought she may have been driving.
Suffolk police today said they were treating the death of the woman found in the ditch as unexplained and a post mortem would be conducted later.
Did you see the situation at Nacton? Contact The Evening Star news desk on 01473 324788 or e-mail email@example.com