Woman saved dog from house fire
A WOMAN is today recovering after rushing into a smoke-filled kitchen to save her dog.Kellie Purdy, 31, rescued the family pet after she came home to find thick smoke billowing through her Byron Road home.
A WOMAN is today recovering after rushing into a smoke-filled kitchen to save her dog.
Kellie Purdy, 31, rescued the family pet after she came home to find thick smoke billowing through her Byron Road home.
But she said the would not recommend entering a burning room and said it was best to leave it to the fire brigade after she ended up in hospital suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Mrs Purdy said: “There was plastic burning in the kitchen and it was quite toxic.
You may also want to watch:
“I felt sick and I couldn't catch my breath.
“It is best to stay away and call the fire brigade - it could have been a lot worse.”
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
The mother of three who lives with her partner Aaron Hodgson, 30 said she had returned to her home in south east Ipswich at around 2pm on Thursday when she found the fire,
She said: “I was a nervous wreck.
“I ran in to save my dog before running outside to call the fire brigade.
“I was devastated.
“Our kitchen has been destroyed and we are having to stay with friends until it is repaired.”
Fire fighters were called to the blaze and brought it under control within 20 minutes.
n. Have you been affected by fire? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org