Woman sexually assaulted in Holywells Park in Ipswich near Cliff Lane entrance and public toilets
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist slapped the bottom of a woman aged in her mid 30s in Holywells Park on Wednesday afternoon.
The man cycled away before stopping by the stairs near the public toilets where he watched the woman. He later cycled off in the direction of the pond.
Police have opened an investigation and are appealing for witnesses to contact them.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “At around 3pm to 3.15pm on Wednesday, a woman in her mid-30s was walking in Holywells Park, near the Cliff Lane entrance, when she was approached by a man on a pushbike.
“The man slapped her bottom and cycled away a short distance before stopping by the stairs near the public toilets where he watched the victim. He later cycled off in the direction of the pond.
You may also want to watch:
“The man is described as white, approximately 25 to 28 years old, and was wearing a blue winter-style jacket with a hood. The bicycle is described as red with a plastic carrier wrapped around the seat.
“Police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen a man riding a bicycle matching this description in the area at the times stated.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 9 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront