Woman speaks of clothing find
A WOMAN has today told how she found a discarded bra just metres from where Anneli Alderton's body was discovered.The woman, who lives in Nacton and does not want to be named, found the bra two or three days before Miss Alderton's naked corpse was found near Amberfield School on December 10.
A WOMAN has today told how she found a discarded bra just metres from where Anneli Alderton's body was discovered.
The woman, who lives in Nacton and does not want to be named, found the bra two or three days before Miss Alderton's naked corpse was found near Amberfield School on December 10.
However, police believe the body of the pregnant 24-year-old had lain undiscovered since at least December 6 when a passing motorist saw what she thought was a mannequin at the same site.
The pensioner found the bra near the crossroads where the A1156 meets the Nacton village turn-off - Miss Alderton's body was found in woodland further along the road to Nacton.
She said: "It was a blue and pink and was sort of cut off at the top and I wondered if it could be of any significance.
"I found it two or three days before the body (of Anneli Alderton)."
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 3 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 8 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 9 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 10 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
She said the bra was not far from the road.
The body of 25-year-old Gemma Adams had been found at Belstead Brook in Hintlesham just a few days earlier and police had issued an appeal for the public to come forward if they found any items of clothing.
She said: "They had said if you find any clothing of any sort to hand it in so I told them I had found it. I was going to throw it in the bin but I thought I might just do something.
“There were a few leaves on it."
The body of Tania Nicol, 19, was found in Belstead Brook at Copdock on December 8 and the bodies of Annette Nicholls, 29, and Paula Clennell, 24, were found in Levington.
Police took the bra away for forensic examination and took a sample of the woman's DNA as she had touched the bra.
However, she has not heard anything from police.
A spokeswoman for the force said: “Suffolk Constabulary is extremely grateful to the public for the overwhelming level of support that they have given to the investigation.
“However, due to the sheer volume of calls received, it will not be in a position to go back to each and every caller, unless the information that they provided is significant and further information is required.”
Have you found clothes near to where any of the women's bodies were found? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com