Woman tells of fear from neighbour
FRIGHTENED Doreen Anthony today spoke of the fear she felt as her neighbour tried to "mow her down" in her speeding car.Mrs Anthony, of Notcutts, East Bergholt, said the punishment handed out to Jennifer Round was "totally insufficent" after she had appeared before Ipswich magistrates.
FRIGHTENED Doreen Anthony today spoke of the fear she felt as her neighbour tried to "mow her down" in her speeding car.
Mrs Anthony, of Notcutts, East Bergholt, said the punishment handed out to Jennifer Round was "totally insufficent" after she had appeared before Ipswich magistrates.
Round, 49, of Jaywick, Essex, who lives with her partner in East Bergholt agreed to a year-long binding over order of £200 – an amount she will forfeit if any similar incident occurs in the next 12 months.
No plea was entered.
South East Suffolk Magistrates court heard that on October 29 last year an argument broke out in Notcutts, East Bergholt.
Round, at the wheel of a green Peugeot reversed into her driveway and sped towards Anthony, who had stopped her car to chat to another neighbour.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 8 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 9 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction
She then sounded her horn and shouted: "get out of my way you stupid old cow…you old bitch…I'll kill you."
John Hughes, defending Round, told the court this was the latest in a series of incidents, which had involved Mrs Anthony, his client and her common-law partner John Troupe.
He said: "My client accepts there were some words exchanged in the road that caused disharmony. She admits she used words that were inappropriate.
"She is of good character and has been caught up in this muddle."
Doreen Anthony told the Star after the case that the verdict was "totally insufficient"
She said: "She was driving 40mph in a cul-de-sac. She was going so fast that the back wheels were spinning around and they were squealing. I had to jump out of the way and she missed me by six inches from mowing me down."
She said that since Round had started living with former Westbourne High School teacher John Troupe, she had caused trouble in the street.
In an interview with the Evening Star earlier this year, Mrs Anthony branded Mr Troupe "the neighbour from hell" after he was given a community service order for displaying explicit photos of his ex wife in the street.
She has lived two doors away from the retired teacher for the past 33 years in East Bergholt.