Woman trapped after crash
A WOMAN became trapped under a pile of wood after a trailer shed its load in Martlesham.Firefighters were called to the scene and had to release one female casualty who had become trapped under a pile of wood.
A WOMAN became trapped under a pile of wood after a trailer shed its load in Martlesham.
Firefighters were called to the scene and had to release one female casualty.
The exact circumstances surrounding the accident were still unclear today, but it is believed that the woman was hit by the falling load from a van.
The van was pulling a trailer loaded with wood, as it negotiated a corner on the Beardmore Retail Park at about 6.45pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the woman suffered a broken ankle in the accident and was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
The driver of the van was due to be interviewed by at Woodbridge police station today.
- 1 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 2 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
- 3 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
- 4 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 5 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 6 'I couldn't stop smiling': Kesgrave Kitchen named best Ipswich café
- 7 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 8 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 9 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 10 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
Earlier yesterday the expertise of the fire service were called upon following a road smash involving a bus and a van towing a car in Great Blakenham.
A man travelling in the towed vehicle had to be cut free from wreckage of his VW by firefighters.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital with neck injuries and a suspected broken leg.
The driver of the 88 First Eastern Counties bus was not injured but was left shaken by the ordeal.
Suffolk Police would like to hear from anybody who witnessed the crash at Great Blakenham to contact them on 01473 613500.
The driver of a Mercedes who suffered head injuries in a single vehicle road crash on the A12 on Monday has been released from hospital. The man's car hit a lamp-post and careered off the the A12 at Martlesham at about 6.30pm.