Woman trapped after crash
A WOMAN became trapped under a pile of wood after a trailer shed its load in Martlesham.Firefighters were called to the scene and had to release one female casualty who had become trapped under a pile of wood.
A WOMAN became trapped under a pile of wood after a trailer shed its load in Martlesham.
Firefighters were called to the scene and had to release one female casualty.
The exact circumstances surrounding the accident were still unclear today, but it is believed that the woman was hit by the falling load from a van.
The van was pulling a trailer loaded with wood, as it negotiated a corner on the Beardmore Retail Park at about 6.45pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the woman suffered a broken ankle in the accident and was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
The driver of the van was due to be interviewed by at Woodbridge police station today.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 10 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
Earlier yesterday the expertise of the fire service were called upon following a road smash involving a bus and a van towing a car in Great Blakenham.
A man travelling in the towed vehicle had to be cut free from wreckage of his VW by firefighters.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital with neck injuries and a suspected broken leg.
The driver of the 88 First Eastern Counties bus was not injured but was left shaken by the ordeal.
Suffolk Police would like to hear from anybody who witnessed the crash at Great Blakenham to contact them on 01473 613500.
The driver of a Mercedes who suffered head injuries in a single vehicle road crash on the A12 on Monday has been released from hospital. The man's car hit a lamp-post and careered off the the A12 at Martlesham at about 6.30pm.