Woman wakes up to find burglar in her bedroom in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A woman woke up to find a burglar in her bedroom last night after he had broken in using an axe.
The burglary took place at around 11.45pm on St Johns Road in Ipswich.
The woman heard the sound of her bedroom door being opened and saw the outline of an unknown man who fled when she called out.
As it was dark, she was only able to describe the burglar as bald and of average height.
Police say the man got into the house through the conservatory, breaking through a secured internal door using an axe that belonged to the victim.
It is believed he fled through the front door and that nothing was taken during the break-in.
Police are appealing to anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious to come forward.
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 3 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 7 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 8 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 9 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 10 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
Anyone with information should contact Ipswich CID on 101 quoting reference 62902/16, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Police are also urging residents to make sure they keep all doors and windows secured at night, and that any tools and equipment that could help a burglar break-in should be locked away and out of sight.