Woman who dropped 2st launches new Slimming World group in Capel St Mary
- Credit: Archant
A slimmer who transformed her life by losing two stone is using her success to shape a new career helping others lose weight too.
Sarah Riseborough is launching her own Slimming World group in Capel St Mary after she trimmed from a size 18 to a size 12 in one year.
The 41-year-old joined Slimming World in Hadleigh in September 2014 weighing 13st 7lbs after having two children – Caiden, five, and Cacey, three.
“Things changed when I became pregnant and suffered with health issues,” Mrs Riseborough said.
“After having my children it was difficult for me to regain my level of fitness. I had returned to work as a full-time soldier but I also had two young children and a husband to take care of too.”
Mrs Riseborough, of Malyon Road, Hadleigh, left the Army as a sergeant in October last year after 22 years.
“I loved the warm and friendly atmosphere I felt when I walked into the room at the group and knew a career as a Slimming World consultant would be the perfect option for me after life in the Army,” she said.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
Mrs Riseborough’s new Slimming World group will start on September 28 at Capel St Mary Methodist Church, The Street, on Monday nights at 7.30pm.
She added: “I absolutely adore the fact that I can make a difference to person’s life; even just one person makes the job so worthwhile.”
Latest figures from Public Health England show that 22% of adults living in the Ipswich/Hadleigh area are seriously overweight or obese – the equivalent of 29,500 people.