Women encouraged to sign up for Race for Life and Pretty Muddy events June 13-28
- Credit: Su Anderson
Women in Suffolk are being urged to sign up for Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life.
As the nights draw out and with warmer weather on the way, women of all ages, shapes and sizes are being encouraged to kick-start a healthier lifestyle by preparing for a 5k, 10k or Pretty Muddy Race for Life event.
Gill Burgess, Cancer Research UK’s Ipswich event manager, said: “Race for Life events are not competitive. They are not about being fit or fast. It’s about an army of women crossing the finish line together in the fight against cancer. Whether you’re a running pro or novice, every step you take around the course will help bring us one step closer to the day when all cancers are cured.
“The atmosphere is incredibly supportive and pledging to take part, alongside thousands of like-minded women, is a great motivation. With fire in their bellies and trainers at the ready, we know that Suffolk ladies are up for the challenge.”
Free training plans for different levels of ability are available on the Race for Life website.
The six-week schedules are designed for walkers, joggers or runners featuring guidance on warming up, stretching and motivation.
The 5k and 10k events in Suffolk will take place on June 14 at Trinity Park, Ipswich and June 28 at Nowton Park, Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 5 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 6 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 7 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 8 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 9 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 10 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
There will also be a Pretty Muddy race on June 13 at Trinity Park.
To enter visit: raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770.