Women hurt in Ipswich crash
TWO people are today recovering in hospital, after they were cut free from the wreckage of a road crash in Ipswich.The accident, involving a grey Vauxhall Corsa and black Fiat Punto, happened in Bury Road, just after 5pm yesterday.
TWO people are today recovering in hospital, after they were cut free from the wreckage of a road crash in Ipswich.
The accident, involving a grey Vauxhall Corsa and black Fiat Punto, happened in Bury Road, just after 5pm yesterday.
One of the main routes into and out of Ipswich ground to a standstill as the emergency services were summoned.
Five ambulances were called, and police had to close the road for more than an hour while firefighters used hydraulic cutting equipment to release three people from the vehicles. Traffic was diverted past the scene until about 7pm.
One person from each car was taken to Ipswich Hospital, both with serious but not life-threatening injuries.
A 17-year-old woman and a 19-year-old woman are thought to be involved but it is not yet known what their condition is.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 5 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 6 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins to for Town
- 10 New military shop opens in Sailmakers selling Christmas gifts
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust today told the Evening Star that one casualty suffered a facial injury while the other sustained a leg injury.
Two other people were also injured in the accident.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 01473 613500 as they investigate the cause of the crash.