Women hurt in Ipswich crash
TWO people are today recovering in hospital, after they were cut free from the wreckage of a road crash in Ipswich.The accident, involving a grey Vauxhall Corsa and black Fiat Punto, happened in Bury Road, just after 5pm yesterday.
TWO people are today recovering in hospital, after they were cut free from the wreckage of a road crash in Ipswich.
The accident, involving a grey Vauxhall Corsa and black Fiat Punto, happened in Bury Road, just after 5pm yesterday.
One of the main routes into and out of Ipswich ground to a standstill as the emergency services were summoned.
Five ambulances were called, and police had to close the road for more than an hour while firefighters used hydraulic cutting equipment to release three people from the vehicles. Traffic was diverted past the scene until about 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
One person from each car was taken to Ipswich Hospital, both with serious but not life-threatening injuries.
A 17-year-old woman and a 19-year-old woman are thought to be involved but it is not yet known what their condition is.
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 7 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Receptionist spent 40 days and nights living in Ipswich animal shelter
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust today told the Evening Star that one casualty suffered a facial injury while the other sustained a leg injury.
Two other people were also injured in the accident.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 01473 613500 as they investigate the cause of the crash.