Woodbridge makeover wait anxiety
ANXIOUS residents hoping to hear details about a multi-million pound makeover for their town are being kept waiting by the developers.Plans for the overhaul of some of Woodbridge's key services have caused much concern among locals.
ANXIOUS residents hoping to hear details about a multi-million pound makeover for their town are being kept waiting by the developers.
Plans for the overhaul of some of Woodbridge's key services have caused much concern among locals.
In the plans, submitted by Suffolk county council and G&E Woodbridge Consortium Ltd, the New Street school would be moved to Melton and its existing site used for housing and a library.
You may also want to watch:
Concerned residents arranged a public meeting on February 6 and a list of questions were drawn up for the developers.
It was hoped the answers to these would be on display at the town's library from the end of last week but people have now been told they will have to wait - because the principal architect is out of the country.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
Posters have been put up in the library informing people of the delay but no new date for the publication of the answers has been given.
Jeremy Harrold, secretary for the Melton Grange residents association, said: "All we can do is wait and see what happens, but I'm glad that they are taking the time to consider it properly."
A council spokesman said: "Unfortunately, although we had hoped to have the questions and answers published in the library on Friday February 13, we have not been able to finalise the responses yet.
"We will continue our work on answering the points raised, in consultation
with our partners, G&E Woodbridge Consortium Ltd, and hope to have something available as soon as possible.
"We are very sorry for the delay, but we want to provide as much detailed information as possible so that people can make informed decisions and appropriate representations to the planning authorities."
The county council have agreed to extend the deadline for people wanting to make representations about the various planning applications.
All representations made to Suffolk county council before Tuesday 4 May will be treated the same as those received within the statutory period.
Suffolk Coastal District Council have agreed to do the same.