See inside an historic townhouse in the heart of Woodbridge – as it goes on sale for £1.5million
- Credit: Archant
A beautiful central Woodbridge manor house featuring timber framing which dates back to 1520 has been put on the market.
Located in the heart of Woodbridge on and just steps away from the towns amenities is a beautiful Grade II listed building full of character and history.
With a delightful south facing garden, the property, which is found in Cumberland Street, is understood to date back to the early 16th century and was likely to have been built for a wealthy merchant as a pair of shops – shown by its original timber framing.
The house, which offers more than 3,700 square feet of space, is well-laid out and features handsome elevations.
On the ground floor the property includes a panelled drawing room, a centrally located dining room, and a spacious study and comfortable sitting room.
You may also want to watch:
The kitchen links onto an impressive Amdega conservatory, which opens up to the garden and also has access to the drawing room.
On the first and second floors there are a total of six bedrooms, three bathrooms, an attic landing and a loft. Two of the bedrooms are accessed independently by a second staircase, making it the ideal house for entertaining guests.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 4 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 7 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 Proposal for 73 park homes on former business park site
Outside the property is just as beautiful – with twin gates accessing the brick paved driveway, which leads onto a garage with a workshop and an impressive array of gardens.
Within easy walking distance of the Thoroughfare and train station, this property is a real gem in thriving Woodbridge.