Woodbridge woman killed in road crash
A PENSIONER was killed and a number of other people injured after a three-vehicle pile-up on a Suffolk road.The 72-year-old woman from the Woodbridge area was taken to Ipswich hospital, and later died, following the crash on the B1083 at Bromeswell, near Woodbridge, shortly after 6pm yesterday .
A PENSIONER was killed and a number of other people injured after a three-vehicle pile-up on a Suffolk road.
The 72-year-old woman from the Woodbridge area was taken to Ipswich hospital, and later died, following the crash on the B1083 at Bromeswell, near Woodbridge, shortly after 6pm yesterday .
Two others were taken to hospital and four people were treated at the scene of the accident which happened at the junction of the C340 road.
The pensioner had been a passenger in a Ford Focus, the male driver of which suffered minor head injuries and another female passenger sustained broken ribs.
Three fire engines from Orford, Woodbridge and Ipswich attended the crash and used cutting gear to release one of the casualties from the wreckage.
The road was closed for five hours last night while police carried out an initial investigation.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 8 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Obviously we cannot release the details of the deceased until her family has been informed.
"We are appealing for witnesses to the collision or anyone with information to contact police."
Police were last night unable to give any more details about the accident, although an investigation was under way to establish how it happened.
Anyone with information about the accident should call Pc Annie Taylor at the road policing unit on 01473 613730.