Word on the Street: What would you do if you won the lottery?
- Credit: PA
An estimated £155million could be won later in what would be the second biggest EuroMillions jackpot ever offered in the UK. We asked people in Ipswich what they would do if they won.
The massive amount of money comes after there being no jackpot winners in Tuesday’s draw.
Tonight’s draw will take place at around 8pm.
Andy Carter, senior winners’ adviser at the National Lottery, said: “Friday’s EuroMillions jackpot will be one of the biggest ever offered to National Lottery players in the UK.
“At an estimated £155million, it would create the second biggest win that this country and Europe has ever seen.
“The draw will also help to raise more millions for National Lottery Good Causes, with on average £30m added every week to the £37billion raised so far.”
91 UK ticket holders have won the EuroMillions jackpot or a share of the prize – this puts the country second behind France in terms of jackpot wins.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 7 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 8 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
- 9 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 10 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
There are now nine European countries participating – the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg.