Words are an insight into mum's stress
The following reading was found in Michele Wood's journal:ABBEY Muzio is a three-year-old little girl with blonde hair and the biggest smile ever. Although a fun-loving child, she has a fear of water.
The following reading was found in Michele Wood's journal:
ABBEY Muzio is a three-year-old little girl with blonde hair and the biggest smile ever.
Although a fun-loving child, she has a fear of water. If she dares stick her foot in a pool, she only does so wearing water wings, clutching her mommy's neck and whimpering, “You won't let me doe?” Please, don't let me doe.” Though her mother struggles to breathe in Abbey's vice grip, she assures, “Sweetie, I won't let you go.”
Life situations that have a potential for danger or disappointment can easily foster fear in our hearts.
We are so like Abbey, attempting to grab God in an arm lock and insisting, “Don't let me doe!” Rather than fear, we need to have faith; Isaiah 43 is a beautiful picture of God's provision in the midst of trouble. Jesus himself said in John 10:28, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.”
God has a vice grip on us… he has the eternal security of our souls in an arm lock. He will never, ever let you go!
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 7 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 8 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 9 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 10 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
Abbey's mother told me, “I wish Abbey would simply relax and trust me. I don't want her to be afraid; I want her to have fun in the water. She needs to realize that my hold on her is more secure than any grip she has on me.” It's a lesson about God we all need to learn.
Lord Jesus, thank you for the promises in your word, which chase away fears that overwhelm. I trust you with scary life situations. Thank you for holding me tight.
The following excerpt was written in Mrs Wood's handwriting:
THIS item was in the daily reading book Pearls at Great Price by Joni.
I had started to use this in 2008 when it was first printed. Also bought a copy for Louise and Di as we could then share and read map and blessings together.
This particular day spoke volumes as I was meeting Chris (practice manager) and Dr Doshi (senior partner) on this particular day, to discuss some very major issues that had resulted in me going off work with stress.
It was a time when I know I was upheld in prayer and special moments like this reading. I also noted “Jesus” face looking at me over the page as a bookmark.