Words are an insight into mum's stress
The following reading was found in Michele Wood's journal:ABBEY Muzio is a three-year-old little girl with blonde hair and the biggest smile ever. Although a fun-loving child, she has a fear of water.
The following reading was found in Michele Wood's journal:
ABBEY Muzio is a three-year-old little girl with blonde hair and the biggest smile ever.
Although a fun-loving child, she has a fear of water. If she dares stick her foot in a pool, she only does so wearing water wings, clutching her mommy's neck and whimpering, “You won't let me doe?” Please, don't let me doe.” Though her mother struggles to breathe in Abbey's vice grip, she assures, “Sweetie, I won't let you go.”
Life situations that have a potential for danger or disappointment can easily foster fear in our hearts.
You may also want to watch:
We are so like Abbey, attempting to grab God in an arm lock and insisting, “Don't let me doe!” Rather than fear, we need to have faith; Isaiah 43 is a beautiful picture of God's provision in the midst of trouble. Jesus himself said in John 10:28, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.”
God has a vice grip on us… he has the eternal security of our souls in an arm lock. He will never, ever let you go!
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
Abbey's mother told me, “I wish Abbey would simply relax and trust me. I don't want her to be afraid; I want her to have fun in the water. She needs to realize that my hold on her is more secure than any grip she has on me.” It's a lesson about God we all need to learn.
Lord Jesus, thank you for the promises in your word, which chase away fears that overwhelm. I trust you with scary life situations. Thank you for holding me tight.
The following excerpt was written in Mrs Wood's handwriting:
THIS item was in the daily reading book Pearls at Great Price by Joni.
I had started to use this in 2008 when it was first printed. Also bought a copy for Louise and Di as we could then share and read map and blessings together.
This particular day spoke volumes as I was meeting Chris (practice manager) and Dr Doshi (senior partner) on this particular day, to discuss some very major issues that had resulted in me going off work with stress.
It was a time when I know I was upheld in prayer and special moments like this reading. I also noted “Jesus” face looking at me over the page as a bookmark.