Work dies in gym
A PORTWORKER died today after apparently suffering a heart attack while exercising in a gym.Paramedics based at Felixstowe port tried to resuscitate the man after he collapsed while working out on a treadmill.
A PORTWORKER died today after apparently suffering a heart attack while exercising in a gym.
Paramedics based at Felixstowe port tried to resuscitate the man after he collapsed while working out on a treadmill.
A port spokeswoman said the worker had been exercising at the container terminal's gym and fitness centre when he became ill.
He was running on the treadmill at 8.05am when he apparently suffered what is believed to have been a cardiac arrest.
You may also want to watch:
A port ambulance crew immediately attended and tried to resuscitate the man – who has not yet been named – but this was ineffective. He was taken to Ipswich Hospital but pronounced dead on arrival.
The worker's family had been informed of his death.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 5 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 9 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 10 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich
The state-of-the-art gym at the port – housed in buildings near the Dock Basin – was opened a few years ago and is run by the occupational health department.
The fitness studio is professionally staffed and has all the latest equipment and is available for port employees from 6.30am to 9.30pm daily.
The occupational health department runs a health service including health screening and dealing with welfare problems, counselling and physiotherapy, and first aid.