World darts champion Michael van Gerwen and Suffolk’s Peter Wright heading to Ipswich Corn Exchange
- Credit: PA
Reigning world darts champion Michael van Gerwen and Suffolk star Peter Wright will compete in a darts exhibition at the Ipswich Corn Exchange this December.
Tickets are now on sale for the event, entitled Ipswich: A Night at the Darts, which takes place on Friday, December 8. It starts at 7pm.
The world number one and Peter ‘Snakebite’ Wright, who won his first Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) major last month at the UK Open, will be joined by Dutchman Vincent van der Voort, Ipswich rising star Ryan Meikle, Norwich’s James Hubbard and Steve West, who knocked legend Phil Taylor out of the World Grand Prix of Darts last October.
The exhibition event will take place just days before the 2018 PDC World Championship at Alexandra Palace in London. A date has not been set, but it usually begins mid-December.
Van Gerwen will be aiming to defend his crown and win his third world title, and will aim to use the Ipswich Corn Exchange event as one of his final preparations.
In a statement, he said: “This will be a great night. The crowd will have lots of fun and see some top quality sport, but I hope some of them will be cheering for me.
“It is at an important time of year for us darts players with the world championship just around the corner, so I’m sure everyone will be on top form.”
Alternatively, to buy a ticket, call 01473 433100 (for group bookings call 01473 433451).
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams