WPC knocked over in cell
A SUFFOLK policewoman was left screaming in pain after dislocating her elbow when she was knocked over by a prisoner, it was alleged yesterday.WPC Nicola Flack was helping to take 20-year-old Matthew Kyte to a cell when he broke free and pushed her over, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
A SUFFOLK policewoman was left screaming in pain after dislocating her elbow when she was knocked over by a prisoner, it was alleged yesterday.
WPC Nicola Flack was helping to take 20-year-old Matthew Kyte to a cell when he broke free and pushed her over, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
The officer fell hard on the ground "severely" dislocating her elbow said John Akast prosecuting.
WPC Flack screamed in pain and other officers rushed to the scene and placed Kyte in a cell.
Kyte of Hall Road, Lowestoft has denied inflicting grievous bodily harm on WPC Flack in August last year.
Kyte denies causing deliberate injury to the officer and blamed officers who he claimed had dropped him while they were taking him to a cell.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 4 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 5 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 6 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 7 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 8 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 9 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
Mr Akast told the court that Kyte had been arrested near the Hollywood Cinema in London Road South, Lowestoft in the early hours of the morning after he had been swearing and threatening police officers who had arrested one of his friends.
The trial continues.