Xscape for a good cause!
DO YOU fancy being blindfolded, driven to a secret location and have to navigate your way back?If this challenge appeals, St Elizabeth Hospice is calling teams of four people to sign up to the Great Xscape, which will take place on Saturday, March 21.
DO YOU fancy being blindfolded, driven to a secret location and have to navigate your way back?
If this challenge appeals, St Elizabeth Hospice is calling teams of four people to sign up to the Great Xscape, which will take place on Saturday, March 21.
A team of hospice staff who work in the in-patient unit are taking part to raise money for the charity based in Foxhall Road.
Debbie Adams, senior healthcare assistant at St Elizabeth Hospice, said: “As we work at the hospice, we wanted to do our bit to support the services. We appreciate the help and support of the local community who have been so generous over the last 20 years and we wanted to join them in taking part in a great fundraising event. The Great Xscape sounds really good fun and something different.”
Rachael Mittell, community fundraiser at St Elizabeth Hospice who is organising the event, said: “The Great Xscape is a good chance to support your local hospice whilst at the same time doing something fun with your friends or work colleagues and really challenging yourself.
“Teams are not allowed any help from friends and family and will be without money, mobile phones, navigational equipment or even a map so a good sense of direction will certainly help. Once they have completed the challenge, teams will be given a buffet to recharge their batteries.”
- 1 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 2 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 3 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 4 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 5 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 6 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 7 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 8 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 9 Ipswich MP renews support for food van fighting council's plans
- 10 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
There will be a prize for the team that makes it back in the quickest time and there will also be a prize for the best fancy dress.
For more information, contact the fundraising team on 01473 723600, e-mail email@example.com or to download a registration form visit the website www.stelizabethhospice.org.uk.