Xscape for a good cause!
DO YOU fancy being blindfolded, driven to a secret location and have to navigate your way back?If this challenge appeals, St Elizabeth Hospice is calling teams of four people to sign up to the Great Xscape, which will take place on Saturday, March 21.
DO YOU fancy being blindfolded, driven to a secret location and have to navigate your way back?
If this challenge appeals, St Elizabeth Hospice is calling teams of four people to sign up to the Great Xscape, which will take place on Saturday, March 21.
A team of hospice staff who work in the in-patient unit are taking part to raise money for the charity based in Foxhall Road.
Debbie Adams, senior healthcare assistant at St Elizabeth Hospice, said: “As we work at the hospice, we wanted to do our bit to support the services. We appreciate the help and support of the local community who have been so generous over the last 20 years and we wanted to join them in taking part in a great fundraising event. The Great Xscape sounds really good fun and something different.”
You may also want to watch:
Rachael Mittell, community fundraiser at St Elizabeth Hospice who is organising the event, said: “The Great Xscape is a good chance to support your local hospice whilst at the same time doing something fun with your friends or work colleagues and really challenging yourself.
“Teams are not allowed any help from friends and family and will be without money, mobile phones, navigational equipment or even a map so a good sense of direction will certainly help. Once they have completed the challenge, teams will be given a buffet to recharge their batteries.”
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
There will be a prize for the team that makes it back in the quickest time and there will also be a prize for the best fancy dress.
For more information, contact the fundraising team on 01473 723600, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or to download a registration form visit the website www.stelizabethhospice.org.uk.