Yacht runs aground
TWO people were taken ashore today after their yacht ran aground near Felixstowe Ferry in strong winds.Coastguards received a May Day distress call from the yacht Ideal Hour 2 and both Harwich RNLI Lifeboats were launched.
TWO people were taken ashore today after their yacht ran aground near Felixstowe Ferry in strong winds.
Coastguards received a May Day distress call from the yacht Ideal Hour 2 and both Harwich RNLI Lifeboats were launched.
The craft had come in on the Deben beach around 8.25am in unexpectedly rough and choppy seas for the time of year.
It was later left near The Dip until it could be refloated or taken up the slipway.
You may also want to watch:
Two people on board were helped ashore by coastguards.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast