Yellow weather warning issued ahead of ‘dangerous’ freezing fog tomorrow
The Met Office have issued a yellow weather warning ahead of ‘dangerous’ weather conditions expected in Suffolk tomorrow.
Temperatures are expected to drop tonight to as low as -2C (28.4F) in some areas of the county and a dense fog is due in the morning.
Richard Jones, forecaster at East Anglia-based Weatherquest, said: “Patches of fog which will become quite dense by the morning could leave us with real problems on the roads and of course airports and other transport.
“We are expecting a visibility of less than 200 metres in the fog tomorrow morning so people will need to be very careful as these will be potentially dangerous conditions.
“Usually, as the temperature rises, we see fog clear but this is set to linger for quite a while because the temperatures will be so low.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re expecting the fog to stick around in some areas until lunchtime.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast