Young artists design spring posters
BUDDING young artists from Martlesham have been getting spring fever.Pupils from the three primary schools in the area entered a competition to design the best Spring poster.
BUDDING young artists from Martlesham have been getting spring fever.
Pupils from the three primary schools in the area entered a competition to design the best Spring poster.
Around 50 of the posters were then displayed in the Tesco store in Martlesham for the customers to pick out which one was the best.
The competition was organised by members of the Village Produce Association to link in with the Spring Show this Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The four winning youngsters met at the superstore yesterday (Tuesday) to receive their certificates and also be told about a surprise visit behind the scenes of the store as their prize, to take place next week.
Claming first prize was Yasmin Dunnett, six, from Gorseland School, joint second were six-year-old Lucy Martin and five-year-old Nancy Webb, both from Beacon Hill School.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 4 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 8 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 9 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 10 Stuck Suez Canal ship delayed to Felixstowe after arriving in Rotterdam
Lucy Stokes, aged six, also from Beacon Hill School was awarded Highly Commended.
Quazi Huq , customer service manager said: "It brightens the whole place up and because it is the children's holidays it will be a bit different for them."
Earlier in the year youngsters from the schools also took part in a hyacinth planting competition.
The results will be judged at the Martlesham VPA Spring Show this Saturday at St. Michael's Church Centre in Martlesham Heath.
There will be a variety of produce grown in the area on show and will be open to the public between 2pm and 4.30pm.