Young biker left to die on quayside
A YOUNG biker who crashed into a barrier at Ipswich port was left on the ground to die.Police are today appealing for witnesses to the crash after it was believed a number of people ran away from the scene – leaving the man dying by the bike.
By Jessica Nicholls
A YOUNG biker who crashed into a barrier at Ipswich port was left on the ground to die.
Police are today appealing for witnesses to the crash after it was believed a number of people ran away from the scene – leaving the man dying by the bike.
The accident happened at around 10.45pm yesterday at Orwell Quay, at the barrier near to the Neptune Marina reception building.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics were called to the scene and the 20-year-old rider from the Ipswich area was taken to Ipswich Hospital. He had suffered serious head injuries and died in the early hours of today.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 8 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening