Young cyclists should be wheel-wise
SUFFOLK Police are running a series of two-day courses – called Wheel Wise – to help encourage young cycle riders to become safer on the roads.During the school summer holidays, the force will stage six free courses across the county which will concentrate on the areas of cycle safety, maintenance and security.
SUFFOLK Police are running a series of two-day courses – called Wheel Wise – to help encourage young cycle riders to become safer on the roads.
During the school summer holidays, the force will stage six free courses across the county which will concentrate on the areas of cycle safety, maintenance and security.
The courses are designed to prevent young cyclists becoming victims of either accidents or crime and are an essential part of the Police Education Partnership programme.
The courses are open to young people between the ages of ten and 13 and will be run by Police Education Partnership officers assisted by Local Community Officers. It is expected that each course will have the capacity for 25 young people.
Posters advertising the events and application forms have been sent to the schools in the vicinity of each venue together with details on how and where to apply. The forms are also available from all main police stations.
Each person who wishes to attend should fill in an application form and will need a roadworthy cycle, cycle helmet, appropriate clothing for all weather conditions, trainers and a packed lunch.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 5 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 8 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 9 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 10 Ipswich family celebrate their funny and likeable son with football match
The course dates and locations are as follows:
Felixstowe (Deben High School) August 5 and 6.
Bury St Edmunds (St James Middle School) July 31 and August 1.
Stowmarket (Stowmarket Middle School) August 7 and 8.