Young motorist cut free after smash
A YOUNG driver had to be cut free from his vehicle following a single vehicle road crash near Framlingham.The crash happened on the A1120 Dennington to Saxtead Road.
A YOUNG driver had to be cut free from his vehicle following a single vehicle road crash near Framlingham.
The crash happened on the A1120 Dennington to Saxtead Road at about 5.30pm yesterday .
Three fire crews attended the crash and released one male from the wreckage of his Peugeot 205 car.
Leading firefighter Phil Daly from Framlingham fire station said: "The driver was not too badly trapped.
You may also want to watch:
"We had to cut-off the roof of the car so that we could get to the victim easily and stretcher him out on a spine board.
"Everybody worked well together and it took us about 15 minutes to free him from his vehicle."
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
The driver was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance with what is believed to be chest and abdominal pains.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said they did not believe the driver's injuries to be life threatening.
Police blocked off the country lane for about an hour and a half while the vehicle was recovered and firefighters cleared parts of the car and glass from the road.
Pc Graham Newson, of Halesworth Traffic Unit, said: "We understand that the driver was travelling alone and heading towards Dennington.
"It was a single vehicle crash and the young male driver suffered chest injuries."
Three fire crews from Framlingham, Stradbroke and Ipswich attended the crash together with one ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer.
Anyone who witnessed the accident or who was in the area at the time of the crash is asked to contact Pc Newson on 01473 613500.