Young poet publishes first book
IPSWICH school girl Lucy Dennis is well on the way to fulfilling her dream of becoming a poet after her first book of self-penned verse was published.Beneath the Tree where Dreamers Sleep has been published by Forward Press Limited and contains more than 30 poems written by Lucy.
By Victoria Knowles
IPSWICH school girl Lucy Dennis is well on the way to fulfilling her dream of becoming a poet after her first book of self-penned verse was published.
Beneath the Tree where Dreamers Sleep has been published by Forward Press Limited and contains more than 30 poems written by Lucy.
The 16-year-old has been writing poems since the age of 13 and would love to make a career out of writing when she leaves school.
You may also want to watch:
"I wrote a few poems for school and then carried on and my mum suggested that get them published so she helped me do this. I am not very good at talking about my feelings so if I have a bad day I write a poem," she said.
Lucy, with the help of her grandmother Liz, is hoping to get another book published.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 8 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening