Youngsters accosted at beach
POLICE are hunting a man who accosted a group of four children at a Suffolk beach.The group, which included a 13-year-old boy, were playing on the beach at King Edward VII Drive, Shotley Gate at 4.
POLICE are hunting a man who accosted a group of four children at a Suffolk beach.
The group, which included a 13-year-old boy, were playing on the beach at King Edward VII Drive, Shotley Gate at 4.30pm on Monday, March 26 when the incident happened.
A man in a car drove past them and then pulled up near to the entrance of the marina, before calling the children over and giving each of them a sweet.
He is described as a white male, 50 to 60-years-old, with white receding hair, stubble, blue eyes, freckles on his nose and under his eyes and was wearing a polo style t-shirt with horizontal red/white/black stripes on it.
He was driving a red four-door sporty looking car, which was shiny and new looking.
Anyone with information should call Pc Chris Garrod at Capel St Mary police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store