Youngsters collect cash for Kiara
FOUR young children have helped raise more than £50 for the Kiara Stevenson-Mann appeal.Robert Finch, ten, Daniel Finch, four and their friends Dylan Rawlings, ten and Bridie Rawlings, six, collected £53.
FOUR young children have helped raise more than £50 for the Kiara Stevenson-Mann appeal.
Robert Finch, ten, Daniel Finch, four and their friends Dylan Rawlings, ten and Bridie Rawlings, six, collected £53.22 from people in Campbell Road and on the Ravenswood estate.
The appeal was set up by the Evening Star following enquiries from readers after five-year-old Kiara was killed when she was in collision with a coach on Thursday, August 14.
Robert and Daniel's mother, Donna Finch, helped the boys collect the money and said they were keen to contribute to the appeal in any way possible.
You may also want to watch:
They live in Lindbergh Road, Ipswich, close to where the tragedy happened in Landseer Road.
Ms Finch said: "The boys did not know Kiara but felt for the parents and were a bit upset. They wanted to help the family of the little girl and we have also put some flowers down as well for her.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
"One lady in Ravenswood put five pounds in the collection and I was really happy with people giving money because it is the thought that counts.
"It was just a terrible tragedy and I feel sorry for the parents. Nothing is worse than losing a child."
n The Evening star has set up the Kiara Fund.
The money collected is to be spent in whatever way her family wishes. Any donations should be sent to the Kiara Fund, c/o Geraldine Thompson, editor's secretary, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN.