Youngsters do their bit for community
YOUNG people from 22 different churches across Ipswich, tidied up their community over the Bank Holiday weekend.Groups worked from Chantry to Kesgrave and from the Queen's Way shopping precinct to the Alderman canal, to improve community areas, as part of Noise weekend which had the motto 'actions speak louder than words.
YOUNG people from 22 different churches across Ipswich, tidied up their community over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Groups worked from Chantry to Kesgrave and from the Queen's Way shopping precinct to the Alderman canal, to improve community areas, as part of Noise weekend which had the motto 'actions speak louder than words.'
People from Kesgrave Churches - Kesgrave Baptist, the Family Harvest Church and All Saints Parish Church washed ten cars free of charge, renovated Kesgrave youth centre by installing a pergola and decking in the garden, gardened at Oakwood House and picked up litter.
Spokeswoman Joy Fuller said: "It was about getting young people to live out their faith, by showing the community that God does love them. We don't have to shout it from the rooftops, but helping the community in small ways gets the message across."
You may also want to watch:
Other events included a family fun day and free car washes at Burlington baptist church halls on Saturday, a clean-up in and around the Alderman canal, and gardens were tidied throughout Rushmere.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 7 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere
- 10 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?