Youngsters hurt in horrific car crash
THREE teenagers were taken to hospital last night after their car rolled over at least four times before colliding with a house.
FOUR teenagers were taken to hospital last night after their car rolled over at least four times before colliding with a house.
Emergency services were sent to Kelvedon Road, Coggeshall at 11.15pm following the accident which left the red Ford Fiesta embedded in the garage of a house.
An 18-year-old woman was trapped for more than an hour as fire crews worked to free her.
An ambulance spokeswoman said: “She had been knocked unconscious at some stage, but when the crews assessed her, she was responsive to them.
“However, she suffered head and back injuries, and complained of neck pain.”
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 4 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 5 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 6 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 7 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 8 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 9 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 10 Cyclist injured after colliding with car in busy Ipswich road
The teenager is now in a stable condition at Colchester General Hospital.
The 19-year-old car driver was also rushed to Colchester General Hospital with suspected injuries to his left side.
A 17-year-old in the back suffered a head injury and was left with aches and pains and a 16-year-old boy was also taken to hospital.
Fire crews from Colchester, Braintree and Coggeshall attended.
Police are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen the Fiesta travelling from Coggeshall towards Kelvedon to contact the road policing unit at Dunmow on 0300 333 4444.