Youngsters take to the stage
HUNDREDS of youngsters filled Snape Maltings with the sound of music for the annual Celebration of School's Music.The week-long showcase for schools music is staged by Aldeburgh Productions and this year is celebrating its 19th anniversary.
HUNDREDS of youngsters filled Snape Maltings with the sound of music for the annual Celebration of School's Music.
The week-long showcase for schools music is staged by Aldeburgh Productions and this year is celebrating its 19th anniversary.
During schools' week, the performers get a taste of what it's like to be one of the professionals, with their own dressing room, rehearsal and sound check, and a professional stage crew and technical staff on hand.
Emma Scott, Education Manager at Aldeburgh Productions, said: “Even the most seasoned professional musician gets nervous before they come on stage, so it must be even worse for the students taking part in Celebration because they're not used to performing in front of an audience of over 800… Once the adrenaline kicks in though, I'm sure any nerves will vanish.”
Celebration is the only event of its kind in the UK, and sees over 1500 school pupils take to the stage during the week, with about 260 performing each evening, from more than 40 primary, middle, secondary, special and non-mainstream schools.
See tomorrow's Evening Star for pictures of the event including: Ipswich School and Ipswich Preparatory School; Fairfield Infant School from Felixstowe; Beacon Hill School from Ipswich and the Thomas Mills High School, from Framlingham.
- 1 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 2 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 3 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 4 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 10 Wallets stolen and bank cards used after cars broken into