Your travel card awaits
AN appeal has been issued after concerns over people not collecting their new travel cards.Ipswich Borough Council has given out 15,000 new concessionary travel cards but is concerned that some people might not have got the message that the oldcards expire next week.
AN appeal has been issued after concerns over people not collecting their new travel cards.
Ipswich Borough Council has given out 15,000 new concessionary travel cards but is concerned that some people might not have got the message that the old
cards expire next week.
The Council is unique in Suffolk in that it runs two concessionary travel
The "Borough Scheme" - travel anywhere within the Borough boundary for a
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 4 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 5 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 8 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
- 9 Driver caught doing 64mph in 40mph section of A12
- 10 7 of the biggest Platinum Jubilee events coming up in Ipswich
flat fare of 30p
"Suffolk Saver" - travel at no more than half fare throughout the county
Government legislation means all local councils must provide concessionary
fares of half fare or less for pensioners and people with certain disabilities.
As a result all existing Borough Scheme concessionary travel
cards expire from 31st March so each year users can choose the pass that
suits them best.
The Suffolk Saver annual passes will now be offered free of charge. The
Borough Scheme passes, which offer a cheaper alternative to the Suffolk
Saver scheme if people travel only within the Borough, will now cost £1 a
year. Eligible residents can apply for one or both passes (the annual fee
for both passes will be £6).
Application forms and information leaflets are available from Civic Centre
reception or Tower Ramparts Bus Station.