Your travel card awaits
AN appeal has been issued after concerns over people not collecting their new travel cards.Ipswich Borough Council has given out 15,000 new concessionary travel cards but is concerned that some people might not have got the message that the oldcards expire next week.
AN appeal has been issued after concerns over people not collecting their new travel cards.
Ipswich Borough Council has given out 15,000 new concessionary travel cards but is concerned that some people might not have got the message that the old
cards expire next week.
The Council is unique in Suffolk in that it runs two concessionary travel
The "Borough Scheme" - travel anywhere within the Borough boundary for a
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 6 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
flat fare of 30p
"Suffolk Saver" - travel at no more than half fare throughout the county
Government legislation means all local councils must provide concessionary
fares of half fare or less for pensioners and people with certain disabilities.
As a result all existing Borough Scheme concessionary travel
cards expire from 31st March so each year users can choose the pass that
suits them best.
The Suffolk Saver annual passes will now be offered free of charge. The
Borough Scheme passes, which offer a cheaper alternative to the Suffolk
Saver scheme if people travel only within the Borough, will now cost £1 a
year. Eligible residents can apply for one or both passes (the annual fee
for both passes will be £6).
Application forms and information leaflets are available from Civic Centre
reception or Tower Ramparts Bus Station.