Youth charged following chopper hunt
A YOUTH has been charged by police following a hunt involving a police helicopter.A search was triggered following reports of a group of thieves breaking into a car recovery firm's compound in Sproughton yesterday evening.
A YOUTH has been charged by police following a hunt involving a police helicopter.
A search was triggered following reports of a group of thieves breaking into a car recovery firm's compound in Sproughton on Tuesday evening.
The Suffolk Constabulary helicopter was dispatched to the area, near the old British Sugar factory, to find a group thought to consist of four who forced their way into the compound and stole a number of items.
One person was arrested but searches for the other suspects proved unsuccessful.
You may also want to watch:
A 15-year-old from Ipswich has been charged with interference with a motor vehicle and will appear at East Suffolk Youth Court at 9.30am on Tuesday May 20.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out