Youth worker suspended
AN Ipswich youth worker has been suspended following an allegation of inappropiate behaviour.Peter Carter, has been suspended from his job at an Ipswich charity which houses 16 to 25-year-olds, following allegations of "inappropriate behaviour" towards the young women he was supposed to be protecting.
AN Ipswich youth worker has been suspended following an allegation of inappropiate behaviour.
Peter Carter, has been suspended from his job at an Ipswich charity which houses 16 to 25-year-olds, following allegations of "inappropriate behaviour" towards the young women he was supposed to be protecting.
Mr Carter is now being investigated by bosses of The Foyer, in Star Lane, Ipswich.
Another youth worker in the town, who does not wish to be named, told the Evening Star that one of the women from the Foyer came to him for advice.
You may also want to watch:
"These are young vulnerable women who come to The Foyer from care or social services."
The Foyer, which accommodates 46 people, is a charitable organisation owned and run by Anglia Housing Group, a housing association based in Norwich.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
It was opened in 1997 in a partnership with Ipswich Borough Council, Suffolk Training and Enterprise Council, Suffolk College and YMCA training.
Anglia Housing Group refused to expand on details of Mr Carter's suspension, despite the fact they are partly publicly funded.
A spokeswoman for the group said: "We can confirm that an employee of Anglia Housing Group, who is based at the Foyer for Ipswich, has been suspended pending a full investigation."
Mr Carter, who lives in the Ipswich area, refused to comment on his suspension.
Do you have a story about the Foyer? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk