Youth worker suspended
AN Ipswich youth worker has been suspended following an allegation of inappropiate behaviour.Peter Carter, has been suspended from his job at an Ipswich charity which houses 16 to 25-year-olds, following allegations of "inappropriate behaviour" towards the young women he was supposed to be protecting.
AN Ipswich youth worker has been suspended following an allegation of inappropiate behaviour.
Peter Carter, has been suspended from his job at an Ipswich charity which houses 16 to 25-year-olds, following allegations of "inappropriate behaviour" towards the young women he was supposed to be protecting.
Mr Carter is now being investigated by bosses of The Foyer, in Star Lane, Ipswich.
Another youth worker in the town, who does not wish to be named, told the Evening Star that one of the women from the Foyer came to him for advice.
You may also want to watch:
"These are young vulnerable women who come to The Foyer from care or social services."
The Foyer, which accommodates 46 people, is a charitable organisation owned and run by Anglia Housing Group, a housing association based in Norwich.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
It was opened in 1997 in a partnership with Ipswich Borough Council, Suffolk Training and Enterprise Council, Suffolk College and YMCA training.
Anglia Housing Group refused to expand on details of Mr Carter's suspension, despite the fact they are partly publicly funded.
A spokeswoman for the group said: "We can confirm that an employee of Anglia Housing Group, who is based at the Foyer for Ipswich, has been suspended pending a full investigation."
Mr Carter, who lives in the Ipswich area, refused to comment on his suspension.
Do you have a story about the Foyer? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk