Youths steal teenager's bike
WHEN a 19-year-old refused to hand over cash to five youths, they made off with his bike worth £300, police said today.The incident happened on Saturday at about 11pm in St Helen's Street, Ipswich, as the cyclist was going home.
WHEN a 19-year-old refused to hand over cash to five youths, they made off with his bike worth £300, police said today.
The incident happened on Saturday at about 11pm in St Helen's Street, Ipswich, as the cyclist was going home.
He was first asked to hand over money but when he refused, five youths – two of them under the age of 15 – took his BMX instead.
A police spokesman said that the victim was able to give descriptions of four of the five people involved.
Two are described as black, about 17 years old and both are about 5ft 9ins. One has a shaven head and was wearing a blue jacket and white trousers. The other was wearing a dark tracksuit.
The other two are said to be white, aged 14-15 and 11-12 years old. One was wearing a blue hooded top and the other a beige baseball cap, white trousers and a dark top.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 10 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
Anyone with information about the theft is asked to contact DC 413 Kevin Fenton at Ipswich Police Station on 01473 613500.